Countdown to Our Newest Addition!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Abby's Arrival

Abigail will be joining us in a little over 36 hours - unless she decides to surprise us. As most of you know, we are looking at a scheduled c-section on Thursday morning. This is far from the original birth plan that TJ and I, both, had in mind. However, the Lord and Abby have their own plan. Abigail is sitting in an upright position with her head facing the side of my ribs. She is completely on my right side with her knees curled up on that hip. This caused for some minor, but uncomfortable, issues a few weeks ago carrying all of that weight on one side. We had every hope that she would eventually go into the 'ideal' position, but has not. She began dropping a few days ago, but no shifting.
The one thing that I have been hoping for was to go into labor, so that the contractions would distract me from the epidural. As my sister-in-law, Heather, put it, "You do realize that women request the needle to avoid the contractions, right?" With that said, I see her point. I will count my blessings and try to ignore the 7 inch needle that is to go perfectly through two vertabrae and into my spinal cord. All the while, I am not to move at all.
I'll let you know how that goes! :) In the meantime, I have faith that God's plan and design are what they should be for all involved. Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers. Please continue to pray for Abby to have a safe delivery into this world.

No comments: