Countdown to Our Newest Addition!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, August 30, 2009

My new shotgun!

For a few months before we were married, TJ had been introducing me to skeet shooting. He would take me out to the Grand Prairie Gun Club (where we are members) and I would pull the clay pigeons for him while he would shoot with his dad and brother-in-law. A few months ago, after a bit of coercion, I decided to finally get behind the gun and give it a try. I really enjoyed it! About a month ago, TJ's dad gave him an extra incentive with work. He told him that if he met his goal he would buy him a hand gun that he has really been wanting. Well, TJ met his goal, and when the time came to purchase his gun, he decided that he would rather surprise me with a shotgun. He came home with it about six weeks ago, and I was floored. I was very touched by the fact that he could have had the gun that he really wanted, and DESERVED, but instead picked something out for me. I have wonderful husband! Surprisingly enough, I was just as excited about this as I was my Coach purse that he bought me a month before...which makes me think - do you think Coach makes bags for shotguns? jk!
In the past month, we have been so busy that I have only shot the gun twice. We were finally able to take pictures today:



No comments: